Skip to main content

WORDS: Book Review


I love reading. Lately I have been watching what I read because of the crazy emotions that pregnancy causes. However, I knew I wanted to read it and found it in the library and just grabbed it. It was a book that just after a few pages I couldn't put down even though I was really nervous about the emotions that it might cause because of it's content. 

Words by Ginny Yttrup is a book that everyone should read. Kaylee is a little girl that is living a life that no child should have to live. Her mother is addicted to drugs and abandoned her in a remote cabin with a very evil man. She doesn't speak anymore as she has no other way to deal with the situation and feelings she has. She has the dictionary that is her only connection to her mom she has. She collects words in her box in her mind to pass the time and to help keep distracted from all of her suffering.

Then there is Sierra who is an artist. She has her own struggles that she deals with daily. She tries to cover up her pain and control every situation in life to make sure that her pain doesn't control her. However, on the twelfth anniversary of the death of her daughter, God causes things to change. She has to decided what she is going to do...trust God again or continue to live in her over controlled life. 

Kaylee and Sierra are put into each others life to create healing for them both. It is an amazing story on how God can create good out of the worst situations. How he offers healing to everyone and forgives even when we feel that he can't.

Even if you are not a believer this book should be read. It shows a world that many of us don't want to think about because of the pain and the anger/disgust that it causes inside of us. But its a world that we all have to be aware of so that we can prevent or at the very least help when we see the signs of a child in danger. 

Please head out to your local bookstore or library or download it to your Kindle or Nook and read this book. I promise you won't be disappointed. It's a book that once you pick up you can't help but know how it ends and the knowledge that you gain can help save a child one day. Also, for all my pregnant readers, I didn't cry through it once which was shocking because of the topic of the book but I think I was able to separate myself from the characters enough that it didn't cause any extra emotions during my emotional roller coaster days. 

I really hope many more people will read this book and share it with others. It is a great read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 of 31 Day to Clean

So I have told you the other day that I'm going to start 31 Days to Clean by Sara Mae. (For that post go to 31 days to clean post). So I'm finally on day 2 after several days in between. This will be the way it is for me because not everyday I will be able to tackle a big task, like day number 2, but I did it today and that is what counts. So what was day 2...clean the refrigerator and freezer (at least the Martha part) so that's what I did. I cleaned the refrigerator not that long ago but I figured I would just do it again and I'm glad. Just after about 2 months (maybe 3) it really needed cleaned again and I'm really happy that it looks really nice and I can find all the stuff that is in there again. I think that I'm going to put this on my To Do list every other month. I think that would be really helpful and that way it stays clean. I'm just going to put it in my day planner and when I have some free time on day I will do it that month. Sounds like a pl...

Changing My Lifestyle!

Well not only walking but just in general changing my lifestyle. I am currently overweight according to the doctors and the horrible BMI chart by 60 pounds. I seriously don't think that I will ever loose that much weight ever again. If I do great but not my goal because I want something attainable.  I have tried some many different things to lose weight and it just never works. Before I was pregnant I was right where I am now. My body has changed since I was pregnant but the weight is still the same. The good news I didn't gain anything after the pregnancy but the bad news is I still need to do something. So I'm going through the Made to Crave book and I love it. I have decided to change many different things about my lifestyle. I want to be able to have the energy to keep up with Rex and enjoy my life and right now it just doesn't seem to be everything it should be.  So here is what I have started doing...I eat only things God created. Fruits, veggies, healthy...

Frumpy or Fabulous?

Staying at home can create a sense of comfort. Allowing to stay in PJ's all day, enjoying just lounging of the couch and eating bon bon's. However for most of us homemakers we do not have this luxury of lounging and bon bon's. We have things to do with our children, house cleaning to do, and many thing outside of the house. Sometimes getting dressed in the morning just seems pointless. Excuses like I have to clean so why would I put on my 'nice' clothes or the baby is just going to spit up on me so I should just stay in my pj's since I will have to change later anyway. These are valid reasons on some  days to stay in our pj's but most  days we should get up and get ready just like if we worked outside of the home. It shows our husbands that we care about him and we try to make sure that we look good for him. It also shows are children good habits of getting up and getting dressed and ready for the day. If you read in Proverbs 31 you will see what a wif...